These days, you may be wrestling, like me, with information overload. Facebook has become a treacherous mire of political opinions, arguments, facts, semi-facts, and alternative facts. On one hand, the online media like Facebook, Twitter, and other sites, have given us never-before access to the issues that are unfolding... Read More
DESERT HERITAGE CHURCH
1020 N. Horne, Mesa AZ 85203
Sunday Morning Worship & Sunday School: 10 a.m.
No matter who you are, or where you are in life’s journey, you’re welcome here at Desert Heritage Church (DHC). At DHC, we celebrate the diversity of God’s creation which reminds us that ALL are created in the image of God. We are a caring and welcoming community of faith that includes traditional, joyful worship, education that stimulates our hearts and minds to action, and mission opportunities that deepen our compassion.
DHC is affiliated with the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). We blend the great traditions of these two denominations into a fabric of love for the current world. If you are looking for a deeper faith, a lively experience of God’s grace and goodness, and a powerful sense of communion and community for you and your loved ones, we hope you’ll visit us soon and often. If you come, what will you find?
- An atmosphere of hospitality and grace nurtured by men, women, and children who understand how painful it is to feel excluded by society.
- An openness to children and a community dedicated to helping each child grow in love.
- A community of believers able to respect different points of view while discussing complex and difficult questions.
- Opportunities to share your life with people of integrity and purpose who have the courage to work for justice and peace locally and globally.
- Experiences of joy and love, laughter and playfulness, service and thanksgiving among people who believe that God’s love embraces everyone.
- A weekly celebration at the communion table that is open to all!
DHC is an open and affirming congregation!
At Desert Heritage Church, our unity is not dependent upon uniform agreement, but in our shared allegiance to Jesus Christ. Ours is a risk-taking church, because ours is a risk-taking God.
Paz de Cristo Current Food Donation item
(collected during the Children’s Moment):
Helper (Hamburger, Chicken, Tuna, etc.)
One of our goals in bringing food to Paz is not just to bring whatever is left over in our cupboards, but to supply them with what they need. Our donation item each month is based on what the staff at Paz lists as needed items.
Paz does food boxes on the first and second Tuesdays of the month plus the fourth Saturday. Just bring a piece of mail (current) showing you have a place to live and your personal ID. The hours are from 10am – 2pm.