"We sing and dance, we cry and laugh
we care and share, we eat and refresh,
we study scripture, and have fun skits,
we come together to celebrate the chosen women we are."
Annual Women's Retreat
Interested in registering for the 2012 Women's Retreat? Click here to view the online form!
The Annual Women’s Retreat is more like a weekend at camp than the popular conception of a retreat. Groups of 20 – 30 women become acquainted or re-acquainted through a series of thought-provoking activities and discussions. It is a weekend event, kicking off Friday afternoon and concluding late Sunday morning.
- The first thing each day is ‘Morning Watch’, a time of silent meditation as we ‘rise and shine and greet the Lord’.
- Small group discussions where women interact and share viewpoints on ideas presented during the retreat.
- We have short worship activities throughout the weekend, where we join together as a group and celebrate our faith as a community of friends.
- Multimedia and technology are often used to present scripture and ideas during the retreat.
- Participants talk, laugh, and enjoy each other’s company as they prepare meals, clean up afterwards, and just spend time together.
- Saturday afternoon the women collaborate and create short skits based on ideas discussed over the first part of the retreat. These skits are usually irreverent, funny, and an opportunity to wear costumes participants put together from the dress-up box.
- After the presentation of the skits, everyone gathers around a campfire and sings a combination of popular hymns and traditional camp songs.
Comments from participants on things they enjoyed:
"Discussing and sharing ideas"
"The music and the worship"
"Being able to get away from stress and enjoy engaging with other women more intimately"
"The program and discussions"
"Remembering how blessed I am"
"Making a covenant with God"
"I felt so much better being able to let go of problems"