Did you see that a group of atheists rewrote the 10 Commandments? Here they are in a nutshell:
- Be open minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
- Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.
- The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
- Every person has the right to control over their body.
- God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.
- Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.
- Treat others as you would want them to treat you and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.
- We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.
- There is no one right way to live.
- Leave the world a better place than you found it.
What would your 10 Commandments look like? I like the above list; but, I also like the original. I do believe that #5 needs to add the line, “but it can make life even more meaningful to acknowledge a higher power.” How would you change this list? Try writing your own version. Then try living it.
2015 Church Camp Registration
Camp will be from May 31st-June 5th @ Camp Pinerock in Prescott.
Early Bird registration deadline is May 1st.
Forms are available online OR in the church office.
Scholarships available, speak to Pastor Paul today!
Lots of Love Campaign
We all love our big parking lot, but it needs to be re-striped and that will cost $800.00! TheLots of Love Campaign is asking people to make a small $8 donation for offsetting the cost of this project. Of course we will take more than $8 if you are able! To date we have received over $597, please keep those donations coming! Thank you!!