You must be a schoolteacher if …
- You have no time for a life from the beginning of August until June.
- You want to slap the next person who says, “Must be nice to work from 8 to 3 and have your summers free.”
- You encourage your spouse by saying he/she is a “good helper.”
- Meeting a child’s parents instantly answers the question, “Why is this child this way?”
- You believe “extremely annoying” should have a spot on a report card.
- You know hundreds of “good” reasons for being late.
- You don’t want children of your own because there isn’t a name you can hear that doesn’t raise your blood pressure.
And from SoYouWantToTeach.com comes this proposed list of the “Top 5 Character Traits of Great Teachers.”
- Inspired me and never let me settle for anything less than my best.
- Compassionate, caring, made me feel important and welcomed, made a personal connection with me.
- Were demanding, pushed me hard.
- Had a great sense of humor.
- Knowledge of the subject matter.
All of us, whether or not we are employed as teachers, are teachers for those around us: children and adults. So, what are people learning from you today?
School Supplies Drive
School begins shortly and we are looking for donations of all types of school supplies. Please bring in your donations and leave them in the church office.
Cookies for Kino Jr. High
Our cookie stash is depleted, please pick up an extra package of cookies to donate. Please no nuts or peanut butter cookies.
Time to re-enroll for the 2015-2016 Fry’s Community Rewards
- Go to www.FrysCommunityRewards.com
- Click on ‘Sign-In’.
- Enter your email and password, click on ‘sign in’.
- Click on your name (top right hand corner), under ‘Account Summary’ scroll down to “Community Rewards”.
- Click on ‘Edit’ under Community Rewards.
- Under Find Your Organization: Enter the NPO number (our NPO #64048) or name of organization then select ‘search’.
- Under ‘Select Your Organization’, click on the circle next to your organization.
- Click on ‘Enroll’
If you have re-enrolled correctly, you should see a green box with ‘Your enrollment in the Community Rewards Program has been updated. Thank you for participating!’ You will also see the information listed under ‘Community Rewards’ on your Account Summary page.