Mesa’s Community Pledge
As a community, we believe every person has worth. We believe diverse communities are vibrant, interesting and economically robust.
We believe respecting what makes us different from each other creates equality and a stronger community.
Therefore, as “One Mesa,” we pledge:
- To declare that respecting diversity and inclusion are core values of Mesa.
- To treat all people with dignity, to discourage prejudice in all its forms and to strive to maintain a climate for work, living and learning based on mutual respect and understanding.
- To work together with other members of our community to stamp out intolerance.
- To respect the diversity of all individuals regardless of their age, color, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background or any other characteristics that make us unique individuals.
- To provide equal opportunities for all in the workplace, housing and hospitality throughout Mesa.
- To present a unified effort from businesses, non-profits, schools, government and clergy to advance a safer, more productive and inclusive community.
- To expand understanding of cultural diversity by increasing awareness and information as well as supporting and participating in community events.
Therefore, we pledge to work together as a community to respect diversity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, fairness and equality in Mesa.
Your Peace and Justice Ministry has signed this pledge, your board has, and I have too. I urge you to go on to the website and sign the pledge as well.