The Season of Lent
“Top Ten Ideas I’m Giving up for Lent”…Confessions of a Pastor
10. Changing the Children’s Moment to the Senior Citizen’s Moment
9. Bungee Sunday
8. Secretly switching the elements in the Eucharist to Corn Fritters and Diet Coke
7. Doing “The Wave” and singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” during the offertory.
6. Cartwheels down the center aisle.
5. Dressing like Godzilla and come screaming out of the choir room during the silent prayer of confession.
4. Meetings that go over one hour.
3. Hip-hop Sunday
2. Making the Rolling Stones’ “Satisfaction” our theme song.
1. Raising piranhas in the baptistery.
Lenten Bible Study
Our Lenten Bible Study continues on Wednesday evenings. We start with a delicious soup/bread supper at 5:30pm followed by a Lesson from 6-7:00pm. If you can’t make the soup time, please join us for our lesson at 6:00pm.
Jeans for Jean
We are collecting adult size new or gently used jeans for PAZ. Donations may be placed in our pantry.
One Great Hour of Sharing Sunday, March 15th
We will be participating in One Great Hour of Sharing and joining with the UCC, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) along with six other denominations in this special mission offering benefitting people in the 138 countries. Our goal for this collection is $1052. Donation envelopes will be in our bulletins March 8th and 15th.
All-Church Picnic – Sunday, March 8 5:00pm
Hot dogs provided. Please bring a dish to share.