With apologies to David Letterman, here is my “The Top Ten Things You Never Hear in Church— Stewardship Version”
10. Hey! You can have the parking space closest to the door, the walk will do me good.
9. I was so enthralled that I never noticed your stewardship sermon went 25 minutes overtime.
8. I find the stewardship drive much more enjoyable than football.
7. I’ve decided to give our church the money I used to send to that TV Evangelist.
6. I want to volunteer to be the permanent Sunday school teacher for our 3 & 4 year olds.
5. Forget the denominational average salary—let’s pay our staff what their worth.
4. I love it when we sing songs I’ve never heard before.
3. Since we’re all here, let’s start the service early.
2. Pastor, we’d like to send you and your family to a church seminar… in the Bahamas.
And the number one thing you never hear in church…
1. Nothing inspires me and strengthens my commitment like our annual stewardship campaign.
Movies for Grown Ups – “The Amazing Grace”
Sunday, November 8 at 6:00 pm.
Potluck Luncheon, November 22 after worship.
Come and welcome back our winter friends. Bring your favorite dish to share or try that new recipe!
Thanksgiving Service at DHC Sunday, November 22 at 6:00 pm.
We will worship with our friends from Celebration of Life Presbyterian Church.
We will be decorating for Advent on Saturday, November 28th at 9:00 am.
Come and join the festivities!
Calming Service, Sunday, November 29th at 6:00 pm.
This will be a time of prayer, songs, scripture and meditation. Come and enjoy the quietness before the mad rush of the holiday season.